You would never throw away a banana peel after reading this post! Banana is said to be one of the most nutritious fruits with rich vitamin C, E and other trace minerals – not only in the fruit, also in the peel. From having it in our breakfast or making our smoothies, we use banana ever single day. It’s available in almost all places and is cheap! However, after eating the banana what do we do? Throw the peel away? Well, it’s a shame that we throw the banana peel away. The banana peel is said to be rich in potassium and antioxidants, and has even more nutrition than the fruit! Better late than never, right? So today I will share with you some amazing ways of using banana peel.
1. As a Moisturizer: We all know that banana is great when it comes to moisturizing. Even the banana peel does a good job! If you have dry skin or dry knees or elbows just rub the inner part of the banana peel and your skin will be moisturized.
2. As a Skin Brightener: Not only it will make your teeth white, but also helps your skin brighten. Just rub the inner part of the banana peel and leave it till it completely dries or 15 minutes, and wash.
3. As a Face Mask: We all must have tried banana masks, but now give a banana peel mask a try! Just put the banana peel in your blender (after cutting in small pieces) and mix ½ cup coconut milk. This mask is high in antioxidants and nutrients and good for your skin.
4. For Under Eye Puffiness: Looking for something to reduce the puffiness of your eyes? Just cut banana peels in shape that will fit under your eye and leave it there for a few minutes. It will help you reduce puffiness.
5. To Reduce wrinkles – As always rub the inner part of the banana peel on your skin. You can leave it overnight as it will dry and not be a mess, see the difference in a few days!
6. To Tighten Pores: Simply cut banana peels into small pieces and rub it all over the face. Doing this regularly will not only shrink pores, it will boost collagen production in the skin as well.
7. To Treat Sun Damage: Banana peel has amazing anti-inflammatory properties and can soothe irritated skin and sunburn. Apply banana peel on the affected area and sleep with it overnight. Do this three to four times a week.
8. To Treat Acne: The trace minerals in banana peel soothe inflammation and calm acne breakouts. Just remember to rub the banana peel gently on the breakouts.
Apart from these, banana peel is even edible and it is said that if you eat the banana with the peel you get double the nutrition! There are some recipes are available online that you could check. But remember, as with all home remedies, remember patience is the key.