Sweaty and smelly feet is a cause of embarrassment for those who suffer from it and considered to be a pain and nuisance by those who have to put up with the ones suffering from this problem. Whether you yourself suffer smelly feet or even if you have rough and dry skin on the feet, here’s an article with tips and tricks to make smelly feet soft and fresh.
Daily Routine To Make Feet Smooth and Fresh:
1. Use a good quality anti-bacterial deodorant soap for the purpose of washing your feet. Dry your feet, properly with your towel, focusing mainly on in the curves between toes.
2. A variety of anti-perspirant foot powder is available in the market these days. Get one for yourself and dust some powder on your feet.
3. Use socks that are made out of natural fiber like wool and cotton. It is best to avoid wearing socks made of synthetic fibers.
4. Dust some powder inside your shoes and then wear them.
5. Choose shoes made up of leather or mesh if you have to wear closed shoes. Otherwise, you can go for open shoes which will allow your feet to breathe. Peep-toes, sandals and such other shoes are extremely helpful. Actually, the point is- ‘let your feet breathe!’
6. If you have a persistent problem of sweaty and smelly feet, absorbent liners can be used in your shoes. This will help to absorb sweat and thus check the odour.
7. Make sure that you dry your shoes at the end of the day as sweaty feet tend to make your shoes damp.
How To Treat Sweaty and Smelly Feet – Bonus Tips:
1. Wash your socks frequently. Never wear the same sock for days; one day is enough for a pair. Wearing used socks makes your feet more prone to sweat and smell.
2. Use an antiperspirant foot spray or deodorant on your feet before you go to bed every night. You will get up in the morning with fresh feet. You should also do this after taking a shower.
3. Wash your feet several times a day with plain water. Use deodorant soap two to three times.
4. Changing socks, if possible, the single circuit of the day can also be very helpful in controlling smelly feet.
5. If possible, avoid wearing the same pair of shoes on consecutive days.
How to Treat Sweaty and Smelly Feet Through Homemade Foot Baths:
Here are a few home remedies that you may like to try out in order to treat sweaty and smelly feet-
1. Tea foot baths- Brewed tea has tannins that help in shrinking the sweat glands and acts as astringent. Put a few tea bags in a glass of boiling water and then, pour it in a tub of cool water. Soak your feet in it for half-an-hour! Sage tea is considered to be one of the best options for preparing tea foot soak as this soak can produce very good results. Your feet might look a little tanned after you get your feet out of the tea bath. There is nothing to worry as it fades off once you wash it with some soap and water.
2. Vinegar foot baths- Add a cup of vinegar to lukewarm water. Soak your feet in it for half-an-hour. Do not rinse with lain water. Just towel dry the feet. Vinegar helps to fight foul smell effectively; no bacteria, no odour! Whether you use apple cidar vinegar or white vinegar, both are good.
3. Salt water foot bath- Make a soak with the help of water and salts (preferably Epsom salts) and soak your feet in it. Just make sure you don’t have any open sores, injuries or cuts on foot, else it is going to be painful.
Home Remedies To Make Feet Fresh and Smooth:
1. Crush some ginger and apply it on your foot to eliminate bacteria and prevent smelly feet. The toxins are made to sweat out and you would reap better results if you can keep the ginger for a long time.
2. You can dust some baking soda on your feet to avoid sweaty feet.
3. Extract out some radish juice, enough to make a footbath. Soak your feet to control foot sweat.
Listerine and Vinegar Foot Soak For Cracked Feet:
Finally, here’s an awesome treat for your skin – a foot spa that can be done in the comfort of your home with mouthwash as the main ingredient. Here’s how you can do it in easy steps at home.